Fight Cyano and Algae
Combating Cyano and Algae with DrTim's Aquatics
Re-Fresh® and Waste-Away™
Everything you need for making you tank clean
Algae, cyanobacteria and other nuisance organisms are the result of excess nutrients that are not removed from the systems before these guys can get them.
There are many ways to eliminate nutrients - physical methods (lots of water changes), chemical methods (use a special media), or biological methods (a refugium, Bio-pellet reactor, carbon dosing, plants, or adding bacteria).
DrTim's Aquatics offers complete, natural step-by-step instructions on how to do re-balance your tank, adding back bacteria that will eliminate excess nutrients so your aquarium start clean and water clear.
Plus we have a guide, below, that you can download and print that will lead you thought the process step-by-step, day-by-day so your tank back to looking great quickly.
- Try to physically remove as much cyano and algae as you can.
- It is a numbers game - you need to get the good bacteria to out number the bad stuff.
- Siphon clean your substrate. Beside phosphate and nitrate there are organics that decay, and help fuel algae and cyano, that need to be removed.
- Consider putting your skimmer on a timer and not running it 2-4 hours at night. This give the good bacteria time to grow and take nutrients out of the water.
- BE PATIENT.
- This is a natural process that takes time but over the long-term will save you time, energy and money.
- It can take a few weeks to see good results.